Prospect Labs has released Prospect Sports, a mobile-first decentralized fantasy sports app that enables users to own Athlete NFTs which earn rewards based on their real-life in-game performance.
The app is now available on the Apple App Store with plans to roll-out additional features such as player portfolio management and staking to be available with the start of the NBA season, and an Android version in November.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Build Your Roster: Acquire NBA Athlete NFTs of your favourite players.
2. Manage Player Portfolio: As the season starts, manage your player portfolio by “starting” and “benching” players based on game schedules and match-ups.
3. Track Performance: Monitor the performance of your players.
4. Earn Rewards: Athlete NFTs earn rewards in the form of $PROS based on their real-life in-game performance.
5. Trade: Buy and Sell your Athlete NFTs on third party marketplaces.
Prospect plans to offer Fantasy Football, Hockey, Soccer and Golf in the future.
“If a sports fan wants to invest in an athlete today, they can purchase things like signed sports memorabilia, trading cards or collectible NFTs such as NBA Top Shot. The value of these items are based on their desirability and what someone else is willing to pay.” says Johnny Chen, Co-Founder of Prospect Labs.
“At Prospect, we believe that Fundamental Performance should drive Fundamental Value. Through our proprietary ‘Proof-of-Performance’ algorithm, we want to give Athlete NFTs a third dimension of value through gamified staking rewards that will be earned throughout the arc of their career.”
Prospect Sports Athlete NFTs will be released on the Polygon blockchain and include player portfolio management and staking. The team plans to introduce play-to-earn tournaments, head-to-head experiences and social experiences in the future.
Prospect – Fantasy Sports Version: 1.4 Updated: October 18, 2022 Category: Sports Requirements: iOS 12.0+ Price: Free Developer: Prospect Labs Inc Contains Ads: No In-App Purchases: £89.99 – £449.99 Family Sharing: No